Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Riding On The Coattails Of A Legend

As I begin my foray into the world of advertising, it's encouraging to see that although many advertisements pander to our most basic of desires, some still hope to tap into deeper emotions. Ads that spin lasting narratives in just a few frames are few and far between, and because of their rarity they truly stand out. Knowing how to sell a product in an honest way, without succumbing to dirty tricks, is a real art form. It should be like listening to a friend tell a story - something relaxed, that can often pull on your heartstrings. That's not exploitation, that's just good storytelling. The following ode to James Dean is a great example of an ad that I would be proud to produce. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of magic SVA squeezes out of me... brain don't fail me now!


Via Jezebel

No comments:

Post a Comment