Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

We all have guilty pleasures, but only some of us are brazen enough to admit it. I could list off a handful of questionable confections I enjoy on occasion in the privacy of my home, but what's the fun in that? Everyone has a couple of Goobers in their closet. No, my guiltiest of pleasures is bad television. And when I say 'bad', I really mean good. Case in point the Lifetime network, which thanks to the acquisition of Project Runway, has become less of a dirty word. Many of us wouldn't be caught dead watching a made for TV movie from 1989, but then again there are some of us who relish in these comical finds. My latest Lifetime discovery is Drop Dead Diva, featuring the lovely Brooke Elliott. When people look at me with a blank expression on their face I just tell them: if Clueless and Law & Order had a baby it would be Drop Dead Diva. The premise of the show is a classic body mix up situation, that leaves 24-year-old aspiring model Deb, in the body of Jane, a successful lawyer. It's a comedic drama (yes, that's what Lifetime calls it) and it also happens to feature the fabulous Margaret Cho. I dare you to try it - who knows, it just might end up being better than those Milk Duds you've been hiding under the couch cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment