Monday, October 12, 2009

Have You Heard?

In college I used to go to shows all the time, ravenous for new music and a raucous good time. As I've grown older I've become less patient with all the elements that come along with a concert - the crowd overflowing with drunken buffoons, the sticky floors, and the stench of sweat aren't as sweet as they used to be. But last Saturday I braved it all to check out a killer band from Knoxville, Tennessee. Royal Bangs put on one hell of a live show, and even though they were the opening band the crowd was enthralled with them immediately. They had all the elements of bands that I love: the intricate guitar work of Les Savy Fav, the joyous synth of Blonde Redhead, and the energy and enthusiasm to pull it all off. With two records released in the past year, I hope to see a lot more from these guys in the near future. Now kick off those shoes - it's time to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment