Friday, July 31, 2009

Raw Power

1. Stud Stack Rings by Noir, $52, 2. Studded Soft Pleated Hobo by B. Makowsky; $228; www.nordstrom.com, 3. Studded Belt by Patricia Field, $120; www.patriciafield.com.

At sixteen I was introduced to punk rock, and with that introduction came a whole new world of rebellious fashion. I had discovered The Sex Pistols, The Stooges, The Ramones and The Buzzcocks, and I was hooked. They played their instruments with passion, veracity and a speed that was unimaginable - everything a teenager craves. As I learned about the ins and outs of punk rock, I realized that although fashion had a lot to do with its initial popularity, there was much more beneath the surface. This was music inspired by politics and society - punk rock was indeed a way of life. As I've matured, I still hold many punk rock pillars to heart, but like every adult looking back on their teenage years I chuckle at some of my style choices. Today I still find ways to pay homage to the rebels and icons of my past... playing hard, fast and dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment