Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bite Me!

I'm not going to deny it. I'm not going to pretend like I don't get excited when I hear the word 'Vampire.' But don't you dare say I'm a newcomer. I have my mom to thank for my interest in Vampires. She's loved old school Vampire flicks since she was a wee lass in Venezuela, and who could blame her?! My favorite is Werner Herzog's 1979 remake of Nosferatu - Klaus Kinski was born to play a Vampire. Not surprisingly, in 2009 Vampires are are once again all the rage. Who wants to think about the devastating economy, war, or famine, when we can seek refuge in the fantastical worlds of Twilight or True Blood. Let us pretend that Edward Cullen is real, and Bill Compton will one day utter our names as lasciviously as he says 'Sookie'.

Jewelry designer Jules Smith has jumped on the Vampire bandwagon with her latest collection: The New Moon Collection. Inspired by, you guessed it, the Twilight series, the pieces are fun and sexy. Who wouldn't want a set of fangs like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment