Friday, February 5, 2010

Have You Heard?

Young? Check. Flannel-clad? Check. Dorky yet incredibly endearing? Check. Ok, so Florida's Surfer Blood may be the new kids on the block, but that doesn't mean they can't rock the socks off of us old foggies. Since I listened to their self titled record a few weeks back, I have not been able to take it out of rotation. I listen to it at least once a day, and in many different situations. Whether I'm riding the subway, folding laundry, rocking out in my apartment, or cooking, this record has not lost its initial appeal. Part Beach Boys, part early 90s independent rock, its the band's intricate guitar work and catchy melodies that has turned me into a total addict. Their first music video the single 'Swim' premiered on Pitchfork this week, and yet fans continue to make basic YouTube videos just so we can all access these lil' gems. The video below is for one of my favorite tracks off the record 'Take It Easy,' and the bass line alone could keep my interest for hours. Can't wait to see them in Brooklyn later this month. Oh you silly, talented, amazing kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment