Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Video Vault: Teen Crush Edition

I fell in love with Gavin Rossdale in 1996 when I was 14 years old. He was the first man I cried over, the first one to make me feel all fizzy and nervous inside even though I knew we would never meet. There's something intangible about your first crush - the innocence that is lost when you realize you would give anything just to see your own reflection in another person's eyes. And obviously make out with them... but that's a given. My love for Rossdale was so fiery, so uncontrollable, so wild, that I can still remember the moment I picked up a copy of Rolling Stone (pictured above) only to come home and paste it on my wall. He was staring at me - I was staring back at him. Almost perfect. The video below was taken during Bush's performance at Woodstock 99, and features a shirtless, wet, yelping Rossdale singing their (still) heartbreaking single 'Glycerine'. It makes me shiver with delight even after all these years.

1 comment: