Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Video Vault: LIVE

Blonde Redhead is on my list of "Favorite Bands Of All Time" along with, of course, Fugazi, The Smiths, and Les Savy Fav. What I love so much about Blonde Redhead is their constant sound evolution. I was first introduced to their music at age 15, when a dear friend from New York sent me a mix tape... that mix tape would become my music bible. It was chock full of melodies and orchestral magic - Morrissey, Built to Spill, Enon, Blonde Redhead, and much much more. It was with this introduction, and my consequent purchase of Blonde Redhead's 1995 album La Mia Vita Violenta that I fell in love with the Italian twins, and their Japanese songstress. Flash-forward to 2008: I realize one morning as I leave my apartment, and turn on my iPod to that very album, that 2/3 of the band is standing right in front of me. Such a small world it is, most notably when you're idols end up living next door. Below find a performance of one of my favorite songs, "In Particular" from the album Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons (2000).

No comments:

Post a Comment