Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just Dance!

Since those iPod dance commercials came out, I've often daydreamed about busting a move in a public place. Every so often when walking the streets of NYC, the music in my headphones sparks something within me - a guttural reaction to a beat or a lyric - and I just wanna dance! Thank goodness I now have someone to live vicariously through: the amazing David Fishel. In the past two years, Fishel has traveled the globe and danced in over 50 sites across Europe, and the United States. As a dancer, Fishel has no professional training, but for a dorky Brooklyn dude he's got some impressive moves. Fishel is a filmmaker, and an employee of CollegeHumor.com, so it's easy to see how a project as uplifting as this could take off. His videos are goofy, fun, set to great music, and showcase the beauty of many historic sites like the Eiffel Tower, the Colosseum, and the Golden Gate Bridge. I'd take one of Davey's videos over a postcard any day.

Via FlavorWire

No comments:

Post a Comment