Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's A PC?

Long ago I was a PC user, standing behind my desktop until it took it's last choking breath. I said sayonara to the PC in 2007, and never looked back - until now. Form versus function is taking on a whole new meaning here, so much so, that I actually considered cheating on my MacBook with this stunner. This is the Philco PC, and unfortunately at the moment it's just the beautiful brainchild of designer Dave Schultze. Inspired by the Philco Predicta televisions of the 1950s, Schultze has managed to remake the PC into something spectacular. The monitor itself is a gem, but upon further inspection the stylized keyboard, tower, and mouse help to create an unbelievable combination. The video below includes some primo close ups of the product - now let's just hope that one day it comes to fruition!

No comments:

Post a Comment