Tuesday, December 29, 2009

As If!

1. L.A.M.B. 'Biker' Plaid Miniskirt, $175; nordstrom.com, 2. The Heidkrüger Boots, $89; modcloth.com, 3. Cashmere V-neck Cardigan, $168; jcrew.com.

On Christmas day I watched the 1990 holiday classic Home Alone, and what really struck me was the fact that I loved it just as much now as when I saw it then... almost twenty years ago. Ouch. Twenty years is a long time, and it seems that like so many things in life, fashion's cyclicality tends to find inspiration by looking back to the 20 year mark. With that and thoughts of the celebrity deaths that loomed throughout 2009 in mind, I looked to the grungy comfort of Clueless star Brittany Murphy, and her lovable character Tai. As much as flannel has had a comeback in the past five years, I have to admit that I'm still not sick of it. For winter days it's the perfect way to be comfortable, warm and still exude a sense of style. Pair some flannel with a pair of lace up booties and pay tribute to Clueless' "tragically unhip" breakout star.

No comments:

Post a Comment