Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Have You Heard?

I can't believe it's taken me this long to blog about my dear college friend Benoit Pioulard. Sure, when his first record came out I made the bold move of approaching a senior editor at SPIN (where I was a lowly intern) to pitch a story to him, but that was years ago. Now with two full length records under his belt and another hopefully on the way, Mr. Meluch aka Benoit Pioulard has been making waves in the underground music scene on all his own. Both Précis and Temper are beautiful examples of his meticulous song writing, and haunting melodies. I just hope he decides to test out new material on my ears, like he did in college. I'll be waiting patiently. Below is the video for "Ragged Tint" off of his sophomore release, Temper. Give it a listen and discover the perfect soundtrack for a cold winter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment