Tuesday, April 20, 2010

For The Love of Food

New York City's cupcake boom may be over, but cravings still abound. I eat a cupcake maybe once or twice a year, but when I do I'm overwhelmed by just how satisfying eating a tiny cake really is. However, I do have to take into account the mess factor, as I often feel like I'm inhaling the delicacy in anticipation of the infamous cupcake crumble. All crumbs, no fun. Jorge Garcia, better known as Hurley from LOST, may have just resolved my major issue with these dainty cakes. So what's the best way to get a perfect ratio of cake to frosting, and how can you do it without making a complete mess? Garcia provides the answer, along with a helpful shot by shot demonstration of the technique, on his blog Dispatches from the Island. Dude knows his cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment