Thursday, March 4, 2010

Making Lemonade Outta Lemons

Even though my mother has had an obsession with Hummers since I was a kid, I always thought they were repulsive. I'm not sure if it was because of their ridiculous size, or because every person behind one of their wheels seemed like a total douchebag. Either way I always thought they were wasteful, and way too Schwarzenegger for my taste. Artist Jeremy Dean and I obviously see eye to eye. His piece entitled "Back to the Futurama" is exactly what you think you see pictured above: a hummer that's been turned into a horse-drawn carriage. The New York Times ran a short article about Dean last week, and "Back to the Futurama" will be on display at the Pulse Art Fair in NYC from March 4-7. Dean's blog sums it up best: "Unless we come up with alternative fuel sources and rethink our reliance on a hyper inflated consumption based economy; we may be left with no other options than to hook our cars up to a horse."

No comments:

Post a Comment