Monday, November 16, 2009

Puppy Love

There's something about Mr. Schwartzman. At age 15 I saw Rushmore at a local movie theater, and I was completely confused and perplexed about the film's lead. He was dorky yet confrontational, repulsive yet endearing - I couldn't put my finger on it but I was intrigued. Two years later when he made an appearance on Freaks & Geeks I decided that Schwartzman wasn't just a one trick pony and I wanted more. Thankfully he's taken on roles in both mainstream and independent films, in addition to creating some great music (Coconut Records). He's become one of those celebrities that dudes want to chill with and ladies want to get with. The roles he's taken on range from creepy stalker and power hungry aristocrat, to lovable detective. He's even dabbled in some modeling for Band of Outsiders (pictured above). Good things come in small packages... sometimes they even brandish incredibly shiny luxurious hair. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment